124 E. Commerce
Milford, MI 48381
The Milford Historical Society was founded in 1973 by a group of citizens who recognized the importance of the heritage of their community and wished to share it with their contemporaries and preserve it for those who will follow. To these ends, the members have established a museum, a research and archives room, and have sponsored, in conjunction with the Milford Township Library and the State of Michigan Library, the microfilming of the Milford Times newspaper beginning with the first issue in 1871. The Milford Historical Society is chartered as a 501c3 Non-
The General Membership meetings are held on the third Thursday in the months of January, March, May, September and November. The July meetings is the annual picnic which is held at a different location every year on the 3rd Sunday at 2 p.m. The General Membership Meetings/Potlucks are held at the Milford Methodist Church located at 1200 Atlantic Street (see map for MHS locations) and begin at 6:30 p.m. Everyone is ask to bring a dish to pass, this is determined by the first initial of of their last name (A-
After our meal at approximately 7:30 a general membership meeting is held by the president of the society to inform members of upcoming activities and to take questions from the membership. After our short meeting usually around 8 p.m. the programs begins.
Individuals do not need to be members to attend our potluck or meetings, they are open to the public and all are welcome. The Historical Society Potlucks have are famous for being the best potluck in town!!
Officers & Directors of the Milford Historical Society
Sue Bullard, President
Sue Gumpper,, Vice-
Jackie Swenson, Treasurer Leon Schuler, Director
Emma Michniewitz, Director Nancy Degenfelder, Corresponding Sec
Norm Werner, Director Ray Clinard, Director
Jared Clouse, Director Linda Dagenhardt. Director
Jackie Swensen, Director/Collection Mgr.
Jill Eastcott -